Cars / Spares Aston Martin
Parts for Aston Martin
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited is one of the leading British automaker of premium sports cars, located in Gaydon, Warwickshire, England. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford. The brand name originated from founders Lionel Martin, and the Aston Clinton.
The first car with a new brand manufactured by Martin mounted four-cylinder Coventry-Simplex engine Isotta-Fraschini. In 1922, Robert and Martin produced cars to compete in the Grand Prix. The company went bankrupt in 1924 and acquired by Lady Charnwood. She put her son John Benson on the company board. The company not succeeds again in 1925 and the plant closed in 1926, with Lionel Martin leaving.
In 1947, David Brown Limited acquired the company and managed under the leadership of David Brown. During the years 1957-1958 3.7L DB4 creating engine that is the key to establishing the company's reputation, which is approved by DB5 in 1963. The company continues the development of Grand Touring class and DB6 models in the 1965-1970 year.
In 1972, the company was sold to Developments Ltd. In the first 80's, company was hit hard by the weak economy. During these years, a number of changes occur in the business management and production cars Aston Martin. In 2007 began a new era for Aston Martin. In 2009, Aston Martin returns to Le Mans 24 Hours.
From 1994 to 2007, it was part of the Ford Motor Company. Later, the company becomes part of the Premier Automotive Group in 2000. In 2007, it brought for 479 million Euros by a joint venture company, headed by David Richards, John Singers. Ford retained a US$77 million shares in Aston Martin, valuing the company at $925 million. Also, Aston Martin has advanced its global appeal by opening more outlets in Europe, besides opened branches first time in China for its 93 year history in Shanghai and Beijing. This has brought their dealership strategy to 120 dealers in 28 countries.